POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crossposting (was Re: I highly doubt that anything that I've written is "spam" ...) : Does the IRTC Cd-Rom include the POV-Ray software ... ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Does the IRTC Cd-Rom include the POV-Ray software ... ?
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 2 Sep 1999 17:20:23
Message: <37CEE9A7.4E64B0F3@interlog.com>

> http://www.aussie.org/products/

I was just looking at that page and was wondering if the CD included the official
binaries.  I typically run all my animation/renders on Sun hardware so I am a bit
miffed
that there is no official build of 3.1g by the POV-Ray team for Solaris 7 on
UltraSparc.
There really are a lot of Sun machines sitting about idle at most universities and
since I
have access to a computer lab full of them I sort of expect that a Sun Solaris 7 build
should be on the CD.  How hard can it be to compile it and mark it official?

Dennis