POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : opaque glass : opaque glass Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  opaque glass
From: Larry Fontaine
Date: 18 Aug 1999 21:49:09
Message: <37BB60AD.9237B1BC@isd.net>
I'm trying to render a glass object (specifically, an oil lamp), and it
seems that whenever the ray intersects more than two panes of glass, it
becomes opaque. (You can try this -- just set up a simple scene with the
camera pointing straight forward. Make two thin, overlapping panes of
glass and render it. Then try adding a third, and it appears opaque.) Is
this some kind of internal limit? I need a fix or a workaround to finish
my scene.
I was using
   texture { T_Glass3 } interior { I_Glass }
on my object.
Also, it doesn't go away if I use a different glass texture or take away
the interior statement.