POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : LEDs : Re: LEDs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LEDs
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 18 Aug 1999 11:44:57
Message: <37BAD52E.FBCF87C4@fv.aetec.ee>
Roger Orchard wrote:

> Can some one help me?
>
> I have a case, with holes for some LEDs in it.
>
> I can put a light under the hole, so it looks like the LED.
>
> What I want to do is group the light with the case.

Do You have to use light source for LED, i.e. does it have to emit
light? I have used cylinder with quite big red(or green or yellow)
pigment value and it looks quite similar to LED. Of course if You want
to render LED, which is main detail in the picture and should emit
light, then lights can be used in union: (from manual)
"The light_source is not really an object. Light sources have no visible
shape of their own. They are just points or areas which emit light. They
are categorized as objects so that they can be combined with regular
objects using union."
Additionally You should use probably looks_like for shape of LED.