POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : transparent meshes : Re: transparent meshes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparent meshes
From: Ken
Date: 17 Aug 1999 07:18:56
Message: <37B94511.4BEDF2C3@pacbell.net>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just created a figure in Organica, outputted it in 3ds the converted it
> to pov smooth triangle in 3dWin ver 4.
>
> The result what I expected except when rendered the figure is transparent.
> I've tried everything I can think of to no avail.
>
> I've never had this problem before and I am at a complete loss as to why it
> should have come about.
>
> BTW I'm using the superpatch.
>
> Any help or advice would be gratefully received. I can provide the files if
> it would help, though the figure file is quite
> large.
>
> Thank in advance
>
> Mick

There have been some weird problems with the superpatch and meshes lately.
Have you verified it with the official version ?

Even as I type this I am rendering a diamond created with triangles and I
am having no problems with tranparency in the official version. Before I
added an ior value it was invisible.

If you can' figure it out I would be glad to check it our for you. I have
no problems with big ol meshy files.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: