POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : About this bouding thing... : Re: About this bouding thing... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About this bouding thing...
From: Mr  Art
Date: 14 Aug 1999 15:58:58
Message: <37B5CA50.5163C8F8@gci.net>
Usually the top level csg object. But if that tree had two main branches
and many smaller branches on those two, bounding the two main branches
might be a good idea also as once inside the larger bounding object, the
ray is checked against on the inside.
But bounding each and every object in a csg is just about the same as no
bounding. So, bound groups of closely related objects to help reduce the
number of intersection checks made for each ray.