POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [Lighting Help] : Re: [Lighting Help] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Lighting Help]
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 9 Aug 1999 12:10:59
Message: <37AEFD97.82AAF7CD@giwersworld.org>
Brendan Hurley wrote:

> Dear folks,
> I've been using POV since '92; I've rendered more than a hundred
> scenes.  But the one area that I have made almost no progress in is
> cool, realistic lighting.

	To be honest with you, I have tried do realistic lightning since
about 1981 so good luck to you.

	It is very like clouds. Everyone knows they can look like almost
anything but everyone knows what they do not look like. The same
with lightning.

	I have tried to model local potentials as pathways. It did not
work.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)