POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [Lighting Help] : Re: [Lighting Help] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Lighting Help]
From: Brendan Hurley
Date: 6 Aug 1999 16:30:17
Message: <37AB467D.F1D7EBD1@saber.net>
Dear Ken and Nieminen and Ken and others,

Thanks for the replies to my questions.  This is my very first participation in any
news groups so I am just learning the protocols of posting.  Thanks for the advice.

I had a feeling that the lighting problems might have something to do with the surface
textures and finishes.  I will continue the tweaking process and will let you all know
what I come up with.

About upgrading my POV version:  I have been saving money, scrounging old equipment,
trading labor for computer tech help for two years.  Tomorrow, by some cosmic
coincidence, I will recieve my first Pentium I mother board, a new larger HD and the
long-awaited upgrade to WIN 95.  So today I plan to download the newest POV for
Windows.  My hesitation to go to POV-Win was "I don't want to rewrite, re-render all
these scenes again!" but the forces of the Gods of Upgrades have now spoken.

Blessings,
   Brendan
--
Michael Brendan Hurley           ShadowDancerEnterprizes, LTD.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/4969/