POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : [Lighting Help] : [Lighting Help] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  [Lighting Help]
From: Brendan Hurley
Date: 5 Aug 1999 23:01:32
Message: <37AA5095.ABB7A794@saber.net>
Dear folks,
I've been using POV since '92; I've rendered more than a hundred
scenes.  But the one area that I have made almost no progress in is
cool, realistic lighting.  In the attached ZIP file I am inclosing a
POV, INC, INI, and GIF of one scene for my current project.  There are
two spotlights on a wall above a door.  The lights illuminate the ground
and the surrounding area, but there is no hint of highlighting on the
wall.  I have been tweaking this lighting code on and off for two years
and am no closer to the cone of light than I was at the beginning.

Any help will be wonderful!  Any artist that can provide the proper the
code for the door lights ( and/or all the lights ) will be credited and
praised on my gallery site profusely.
That will be Gallery Four:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/4969/gall4a.html

A general comment: I've been brousing thru hundreds of POV/ 3D/ graphics
sites in the last two years.  Many, many sites offer tutorials in POV
basics but few if any offer lessions in the advanced features.  If there
are such tutorial pages around I would be grateful to hear about them.
Hell! after I master some advanced stuff, I'll write some lessons
myself!  I was educated to be a high school teacher and I used to be a
decent writer.

Well, thank to all in advance!
--Brendan

--
Michael Brendan Hurley           ShadowDancerEnterprizes, LTD.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/4969/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'helpme.zip' (41 KB)