POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : camera math help please : Re: camera math help please Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera math help please
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 25 Jul 1999 13:51:35
Message: <379B4FAB.7C73E8B4@gci.net>
Yes!!!
	Thanks guys. Talking it out with others helped.
here is code that works:
#local Norm = <0,0,0>;
#local Degrees = 0;
#local SurfaceDirection =<-1,0-1,>;
#local SD = vnormalize(SurfaceDirection);
#local Surface = trace(testobject,0,SurfaceDirection,Norm);
// yes, the trace function from Superpatch. testobject: first a sphere,
then the world!
camera	{
	location 0 look_at z
	rotate <-90,90,0>
	translate -x*vlength(Surface)*1.01
	look_at <-vlength(Surface),2000,0>
	rotate <0,0,degrees(acos(SD.y))>
	rotate <0,degrees(acos(SD.z)),0>
	rotate vaxis_rotate(Surface,SurfaceDirection,90)
	angle 50
	}

--
Advanced means constantly wondering where reality gets its processing
power.