POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : camera math help please : Re: camera math help please Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera math help please
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 24 Jul 1999 21:14:08
Message: <379A65D7.D05C42EE@gci.net>
I think that it should be more like this:
camera	{
	location 0
	sky SurfaceDirection
	look_at vaxis_rotate( ?? , SurfaceDirection ,Degrees )
	angle 40
	translate Surface*1.002
	}

The SurfaceDirection vector determines where on the sphere.
The Surface vector is the distance at that spot.
Degrees is how much to rotate around the SurfaceDirection vector.

Those Three I already have. Its those two question marks in
vaxis_rotate( ?? , SurfaceDirection ,Degrees ). They represent
a point on the plane at Surface distance from the center that is
tangent to the sphere.
The SurfaceDirection vector is the normal to a plane tangent to
the sphere. I need to find a point on that plane so I can point
look_at in the proper direction.

Does that help? Maybe I should try a different approach, maybe not.

Mr. Art