POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : camera math help please : Re: camera math help please Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera math help please
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 24 Jul 1999 16:18:28
Message: <379A208F.4E3EE7FD@gci.net>
I know that you can force the camera into any orientation using
the sky and look_at keywords, or the direction keyword.
The question is, who do you leave the the sphere alone
and re-orient the camera so that it looks like you are standing
on the surface.

Bob Hughes wrote:

> Re-reading your idea there I still wasn't positive of what you are
> trying. However as far as moving the camera around to any point on a
> surface of a sphere you are going to run into something awkward about
> the camera orientations. When it reaches a point perpindicular enough to
> a plane it will switch scene directions abruptly. I don't know enough to
> help, just wanted to bring that up.

Advanced means constantly wondering where reality gets its processing
power.