POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Infinite cones : Re: Infinite cones Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite cones
From: Ken
Date: 21 Jul 1999 05:32:56
Message: <3795934B.65A498BF@pacbell.net>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> After Nieminen's suggestion, manual bounding of the cones removes the problem so at
> least there's a possible workaround to investigate.
> Of course, this is a problem only when there are many (hundred) cones like this in a
> scene so maybe it's not worth reporting as a bug.
>
> G.

  As an after thought the reason that bounding helps is a two fold process.
First an infinite object that has a finite bounding object applied to it
becomes clipped to the size of the bounding object where they intersect.
Secondly manual bounding of a large number of objects in a csg operation
often helps speed up intersection testing.
  I know this does not solve the problem but it does explain why bounding
will help to correct for it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net