POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Infinite cones : Re: Infinite cones Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite cones
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Jul 1999 11:32:33
Message: <37949749.B0FFDA61@inapg.inra.fr>
As bare as possible :

camera {location  -z*200} light_source{<1,1,-1>*1000 color 2}
cone{0 ,15,<8,90,8> ,15.1 pigment{rgb <1,0,0>}}

This is a pretty normal infinite cone... There maybe something about the
epsilon value, but in this case there's nothing uncommon about this cone, at
least nothing you wouldn't hand-code.

Actually, the fact that some non-infinite cones render more slowly than others
bother me more than the infinite cone problem itself, because at least I can
hunt down the infinite cones but can't do anything for the slow finite ones
when they pop up randomly in a 16000-cone tree and make it useless.

Well, I think I'll report it (and I supported Ken Tyler some time ago when he
said it was better to let the pov-team develop pov instead of bothering them
about unusual bugs <sigh> ).

Gilles