POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Infinite cones : Re: Infinite cones Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite cones
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Jul 1999 08:54:41
Message: <3794724B.5BE5C2BB@inapg.inra.fr>
It's very strange in fact. Sometimes it also happens when the difference between top
and base is not so small (and doesn't happen when there's no difference). In fact,
it seems that even when pov doesn't say they're are "infinite" some cones render
very slowly under certain circumstances, as if POV would consider them as very large
for some of its calculations.
After Nieminen's suggestion, manual bounding of the cones removes the problem so at
least there's a possible workaround to investigate.
Of course, this is a problem only when there are many (hundred) cones like this in a
scene so maybe it's not worth reporting as a bug.

G.