POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Text Object Problems : Re: Text Object Problems Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text Object Problems
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 21 Jul 1999 14:19:51
Message: <37944075.75027281@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 13 May 1999 15:05:05 -0400, "ZuluNiner"
<ZuluNiner*@*fuckyou.co.uk> wrote:

>That's what I ended up doing (before I got the response about the patched
>POV version.)
>
>It's just kind of frustrating that a feature I waited for  awhile doesn't
>quite work right, you know.  Font definitions would just give MUCH smoother
>edges than heightfields.

A possible alternative would be to use a font editor (there are
shareware and even one or two freeware efforts around for Windows) to
copy the specific charcter(s) you want and place them appropriately in
a new font file. Well - it *might* work. Most of the freeware ones
probably don't support font "hinting" info so while the characters are
likely to look the same (better than a HF for example) they'd be
potentially less complex for POV to decode.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail