POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to distribute points equally on sqhere surface? : Re: How to distribute points equally on sqhere surface? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to distribute points equally on sqhere surface?
From: Markus Becker
Date: 16 Jul 1999 07:22:45
Message: <378F1736.7CEDA567@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Peter Santo wrote:

> Hmm, in fact, I thought about making the algorithm a little more
> efficient (adaptive step size) and implementing it as a povray macro.
> But maybe it is not a sensible thing to do, because you either render a
> single image - then it is not worth writing lots of code. Or you render
> an animation - then you do not want to spend too much time parsing.

I had my C-code to output severay POV-files so I could
render an animation and look how the sphreses spread
across the other sphere. Thus it was called sprdsphr.

If you're interested in the program, send a
mailto:mar### [at] studentuni-siegende

and I'll send you the source for it.

Markus
--

 Ich nicht eine Sekunde!!!" H. Heinol in Val Thorens