POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Creating Spheres of Triangles : Re: Creating Spheres of Triangles Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating Spheres of Triangles
From: David Arcoleo
Date: 12 Jul 1999 12:03:32
Message: <378A11B6.782645ED@njmedicine.com>
> I wan't to construct an Sphere out of triangles ,( i know the standard
> POV-Sphere is faster and better and
> so on, but i need a trianglesphere ), does anybody know of resources, or has
> an tutorial by him self
> for doing that. it should be possible to say, how complex the sphere should
> be, and it should
> NOT look like an globe, best would be an sphere out of evenly sized
> triangles.

I created a package that will take an image in Mathematica and convert
it to povray.  I put some examples up at

http://members.wri.com/davida/povlink/povlink.html

The first three are the same surface of revolution object and the last
is a torus.  The the sphere, the torus can also be created by povray,
but I those to do it in Mathematica and convert it.

-Dave