POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : why oh why!!!! oh the humanity!!!! : Re: why oh why!!!! oh the humanity!!!! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:33:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: why oh why!!!! oh the humanity!!!!
From: Ken
Date: 8 Jul 1999 11:50:01
Message: <3784C77A.8ED57A3E@pacbell.net>
Noah A wrote:

> i was just playing around with radiocity on a nice lil image and it's
> supposed ot have nice smooth gold and such but i end up with weird hot
> spots and the gold looks like it's a poorly compressed jpg!!! this is
> cool but not what i want :) you can see the nifty image which has a
> neeto animation option i'll show every one later after i get it fixed
> can you help me with fixing this? excuse my messy hose head code it
> looks worse the lower the trace level

  I would suggest you go through and add ambient and diffuse values to your
finish statements. Radiosity relies heavily upon these settings for the
correct appearence. Your not setting them explicitly in the finish statement
causes Pov to rely on the defaults which are not all that great for when
radiosity is being used.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net