POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : hollow my arse : Re: hollow my arse Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hollow my arse
From: Ken
Date: 5 Jul 1999 19:35:42
Message: <378140C9.894B981F@pacbell.net>
Noah A wrote:

> thanks for all the replies i tried it but why don't you just program pov so
> planes are 0 units thick....
>
> Noah A wrote:

 There are very valid reasons for treating plane as they do most of which
have to do with the way they may be used in CSG operations to create solid
objects from. If you need a very large plane object you can instead use
a 2D box using the following syntax:

//This would be for plane {y, 0 }

box { <-1,0,-1>,<1,0,1> scale < 50000, 1, 50000> }

  For all intensive purposes the above will replace a plane object and you
will not have to worry about inside vs. outside.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net