POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Jun 1999 19:15:32
Message: <3776B0BE.AD763328@peak.edu.ee>
That would be a tough question even had I got your scene to test. A few things I
would do:
1) If there are no small objects, I use a distance_maximum thats around 5-25% of
the size of the room;
2) Try increasing minimum_reuse a bit - this should reduce graininess, but it
also tends to make corners too bright;
3) Use nearest_count of 10.
Remember also that a larger distance_maximum requires more rays to get accurate
results near objects.

In my experience, some blotchyness/graininess will always remain, unless you use
crazy settings (which you apparently have done)

Margus