POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Bob
Date: 27 Jun 1999 18:56:18
Message: <3776AC08.709A82A@aol.com>
Check into 'minimum_reuse'. Is it set too low or too high? Default being 0.015. This
value apparently depends a lot upon the image size as I understand it, pixel to pixel
plotting on the screen sort of thing. Though I could be wrong.
Quoting from the Scene Help file:

 This sets a minimum bound for the reuse. If this value is too low, (which it should
be
in theory) rendering gets slow, and inside corners can get a little grainy. If it is
set
too high, you don't get the natural darkening of illumination near inside edges, since
it reuses. At values higher than 2% you start getting more just plain errors

Unquote.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe