POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : writing new "object type" : Re: a 2D question... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a 2D question...
From: Ken
Date: 26 Jun 1999 05:00:38
Message: <3774970D.A3B06B23@pacbell.net>
Bob wrote:

> Be careful of odd effects when scaling things very small or large or possibly
> even thin too. This last thing I have yet to see any problems with but you
> just never know, so I thought I would mention this here.

  The same potential problems can be also be used for some interesting
special effects. I once used a mesh of a woman and gave it totaly
unrealistic porportions using the scale function. The distortion caused
by this was a very comical image when done. Someday I am going to make
a postable image exploiting this seldom used technique and you'll see
how magnificint it can be.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net