POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comparing v3.0 and v3.1 official docs
From: Alan Kong
Date: 15 Jun 1999 22:12:56
Message: <376b0636.332050145@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:25:01 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:

>Nothing to do with format. I personally found that the pov 3.0 docs had more
>info on the structure of the language, examples, comments on effects of
>options and pictures showing effect of values.

  I will have to take your word on this as I have only the current docs on
my present system. I *thought* it migrated into its present form mostly
unchanged, though, save for halo/media and any additional features over
v3.0.

>Although I did prefer the docs in one long file, made reading for interest
>easier.

  Ken and I also like to be able to do this. I use the Adobe Acrobat version
of the docs. I am able read the entire document from beginning to end (if I
wish) and it retains all section numbers and demo images. The entire
document can be searched for specific keywords and phrases, also, something
that might be difficult to accomplish in some of the other formats.

--
Alan
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get