POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Enhanced hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enhanced hardcore povrayer test
From: Ron Parker
Date: 16 Jun 1999 09:05:59
Message: <3767a137@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 05:40:00 -0700, Ken wrote:
>  I think question 62 is invalid by reason of it's wording. Csg's are not
>primitives and are regarded as operations.

I'm using primitive in a different sense than you are.  There
are five CSG operations, counting inverse, but only three of
them are primitive operations (as the term is used in Forth
programming) The other two can be expressed in terms of the
three primitives, and one actually is expressed that way in
the source.