POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardcore povrayer test
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 15 Jun 1999 07:43:24
Message: <37663c5c@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote in message <3765e751@news.povray.org>...

>  Not pointless. I have done this by myself. Since I don't have any
modeller
>in which I could model triangle meshes, I often make my models on paper and
>then enter the triangle coordinates by hand. I can't think of any other
>way of doing it.

Well, since I do have a mesh modeller, I can't really bring myself to
messing with vertex coords. Besides, a truly hardcore POVer would hardly
ever need triangle meshes. CSG, people! :)

>  If don't care about that kind of warnings, then you can't consider
yourself
>a hardcore povrayer ;)

I blatantly ignore all "non-hollow object", "scaled by 0" etc warnings,
because I know when they don't affect me. 'hollow' is such a long word to
type :)

Margus