POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardcore povrayer test
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 15 Jun 1999 01:40:33
Message: <3765e751@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:
: Entering vertex
: coordinates by hand wouldn't be difficult, just pointless, IMO

  Not pointless. I have done this by myself. Since I don't have any modeller
in which I could model triangle meshes, I often make my models on paper and
then enter the triangle coordinates by hand. I can't think of any other
way of doing it.

:>19. You know what does 'sturm' mean and how it's calculated. (2)
: I know what it means. Knowing the exact method is of little importance in
: POVing

  Yeah, but if you know it, it makes you a little bit 'hardcore povrayer' :)
  The user doesn't need to know, for example, how smooth triangles, bicubic
pathces or quartics work to just use povray, but if you know how they work,
you know what's happening when they don't work as you expected.
  For example, it's possible that you know why sometimes you get black dots
in a bicubic patch.

:>43. You never get the "camera is inside non-hollow object" warning. If you
:>    ever get it, it's absolutely intentional. (1)
: Or absolutely unimportant

  If don't care about that kind of warnings, then you can't consider yourself
a hardcore povrayer ;)