POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardcore povrayer test
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 14 Jun 1999 14:07:05
Message: <376544c9@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote in message <37651db3@news.povray.org>...

>I agree, in principle.  But you have to admit that someone who has
>added their own keywords certainly qualifies as hardcore.  So I
>guess it's sufficient but not necessary.

I cannot argue with this. However, in my mind the ability to overcome
certain limitations with nothing but innovative POV code has equal value.
Not only does that require inventiveness, but also great expertise with the
program at hand.

>By the same token, the original purity test has lots of questions
>about illegal drug use.  Those of who might normally score low
>on that test can't because they have at least a little respect for
>the law and/or their bodies.  Is that fair?  Probably not.  But it's
>their test, and they can put whatever they want on it.

I am by no means questioning the freedom of the test maker. But if you wish
to compile a test that gives objective results, that's damn difficult. I
know by personal experience.

Margus