POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardcore povrayer test
From: Ron Parker
Date: 14 Jun 1999 11:20:19
Message: <37651db3@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:45:19 +0300, Margus Ramst wrote:
>I don't really agree that one has to be a C programmer to be a "hardcore
>POVer"

I agree, in principle.  But you have to admit that someone who has
added their own keywords certainly qualifies as hardcore.  So I
guess it's sufficient but not necessary.  Note, though, that most
of the assertions I suggested have little or nothing to do with
programming.

By the same token, the original purity test has lots of questions
about illegal drug use.  Those of who might normally score low
on that test can't because they have at least a little respect for
the law and/or their bodies.  Is that fair?  Probably not.  But it's
their test, and they can put whatever they want on it.

I guess I don't have room to argue, since I hold the record score
so far anyway. I thought of another assertion, though: "You're on
the POV-Team."  Most of those folks can't get the patching points,
but they should get lots of points for giving us official versions.