POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardcore povrayer test
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 14 Jun 1999 10:37:14
Message: <3765139a@news.povray.org>
Well, I got 21 which I consider pretty good, since I'm not a programmer.
A few comments:

>5. You have made big triangle meshes by hand. (1)
Yes, but not in POV. In POV I sometimes generate them. Entering vertex
coordinates by hand wouldn't be difficult, just pointless, IMO

>10. You have made a program which outputs a df3 file and used it in a
>    scene. (1)
Yes, but I doubt many others have. There's no need - such a program can be
d/l-ed

>19. You know what does 'sturm' mean and how it's calculated. (2)
I know what it means. Knowing the exact method is of little importance in
POVing

>22. You have found the 'average normal bug' by yourself in a povray version
>    previous than 3.1e. (1)
No, but I noticed the double illumination bug. I know the average normal bug
was your pet peeve :)

>25. You only use the png format when working with povray. (1)
How does that evaluate to 'hardcore'? It's just more compact than TGA etc

>31. You have set up emacs with povray enhancements (like automatic
indentation
>    and syntax highlighting) by yourself. (1)
Emacs? What's emacs? Where can I find it under the Start menu? <g>

>43. You never get the "camera is inside non-hollow object" warning. If you
>    ever get it, it's absolutely intentional. (1)
Or absolutely unimportant

Margus