POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : non hollow my arse mr. pov!!!! aaarrrrggghh! : Re: non hollow my arse mr. pov!!!! aaarrrrggghh! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non hollow my arse mr. pov!!!! aaarrrrggghh!
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 11 Jun 1999 04:27:57
Message: <3760c88d@news.povray.org>
Planes are solid objects. They are as solid as a sphere or a box.
The plane divides the world into to parts: one side is outside and the
other side is inside. A plane is like a floor. You can stand on the floor,
ie. you are outside the floor, or you can dig a hole in the floor and go
inside it.
  The normal vector of the plane points _outside_ the plane. This means that
the direction of the normal vector is significant.
  It the normal vector of the plane points towards the camera, then the
camera will be outside the plane. If the normal vector points away from
the camera, then the camera will be inside the plane.
  It's as simple as that.

  PS. I have always wondered, why many people is confused with planes.
I understood the solidness of planes since the very first time I read
about them in the pov documentation. I have never got confused about
it.