POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Curve calculation : Re: Curve calculation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curve calculation
From: Ken
Date: 23 May 1999 18:56:13
Message: <3748792B.CBFF3F8B@pacbell.net>
Anders Haglund wrote:

> Lewis <nle### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote:
> > Sorry, I just realized this doesn't really help me.
> > If you can explain how to calculate a curve, it would help. I
> > specifically need one that goes through the certain specified points, so
> > just choose any and if you don't mind, tell me how its done,
> > mathematically.
>
> Check out Paul Bourke's explanation on bezier curves and spline curves:
> http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/geometry/bezier/
> http://www.mhri.edu.au/~pdb/geometry/spline/
> I did a pov macro of the bezier curve the other day, I can post the code if
> your to lazy :)
>
> /Anders

 And if that does not help there is an include file already available from
Chris Colefax that creates spline paths from a set of control points. You
might make it easier to just use his system as a call from yours and save
a lot of extra work. Either that look at the file and see how the master
goes about solving the problems.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

--
Ken Tyler