POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Curve calculation : Re: Curve calculation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curve calculation
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 23 May 1999 18:03:53
Message: <37486d39.0@news.povray.org>
If you want one solution no matter which one, you can consider your curve
equation to be

x = f(u), y= g(u), z = h(u) (f,g,h being 2 nd degree polynomials (for
instance))

Where u belongs to [0 ; 1]

Let A=(x0, y0, z0), B = (x1, y1, z1), C=(x2, y2,z2) and the curve being in A
for u = 0, in B for u = 1/2, in C for u = 1

so you get the equations :

x = a + b*u + c*u*u

u= 0 ==> x0 = a
u=1/2 ==> x1 = a +b/2 + c/4
u = 1 ==> x2 = a + b +c

and so on for the y's and the z's
a very easy set of equations to solve

This is a stupid way to get  what you want, may be you should consider some
more constraints

Philippe