POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Curve calculation : Re: Curve calculation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curve calculation
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 23 May 1999 10:43:45
Message: <37480611.0@news.povray.org>
Hi Lewis

Give a look to B-spline, Beziers, TorePatch etc.
It is very easy to find a curve going from A to C, smoothly through B, the
point is there are to many such curves so you have to give more informations
about the curve you want (tangent at the starting point degree of the
smoothness (continuous function (not smooth), function with a continuous
derivative (usually smooth enough) or even more..)

If you have Moray you can try the trans and rotat primitives and play with
the spline type!

HTH
Philippe