POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Curve calculation : Curve calculation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Curve calculation
From: Lewis
Date: 23 May 1999 09:54:34
Message: <3747FA77.D1F9248B@netvision.net.il>
I'm starting to work on a nice little macro project (you'll see when
it's done). I need to be able to calculate a path using only several
points on it. For example, I get the coordinates of points A, B and C. I
want to calculate a position on a path that goes through A, B and C,
that is SMOOTH. That is, the path bends smoothly from A to C, going
through B, without sudden turns. I should be able to specify what level
of "bendness" I want, that is how smooth the path will be. It isn't as
easy as I thought in the beggining.

This can be very useful for the macro I'm going to write (it's just a
part), and will be totally cool if possible.

Any ideas?