POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A Simple Lamp Shade ? : Re: A Simple Lamp Shade ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Simple Lamp Shade ?
From: Ken
Date: 11 May 1999 07:51:37
Message: <373762D4.70C36E7D@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Ken, was there something in my include file that didn't work for you?  It
> should have generated something very like what you're looking for, with
> the added benefit of double illumination.  If you can't figure it out, just
> tell me the dimensions you're looking for and I'll make the necessary
> modifications for you.

Ron,

  Sorry it took so long for me to get to your suggestion but I aviod
patch object unless I can control them in a modelling environment.
 So any way I downloaded your source last night and after a bit of work
isolated the ridged part of the cap. After a few modifications and a
total lack of comprehension of what exacly your source is doing I don't
believe that it will work as structured and my lack of ability to control
it's overall shape is limiting. The angle or taper of the shape is not
steep enough and I am not particularly happy with the straight skirt or
it's length at the top (or bottom depending on orientation) of the shape.
  It is a very nicely modelled bottle cap however and I have had enough
suggestions and a few successful attempts of my own that I just don't
need another lamp shade at the point in time. I have around 10 different
designs for one lamp and I think that is enough for one lamp.

 Thank you for the offer regardless.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net