POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with Interior/Media : Re: Problems with Interior/Media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with Interior/Media
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 10 May 1999 04:32:04
Message: <37368b74.0@news.povray.org>

>Specifically, my current project is a ruby.  A ruby mounted in the pommel
of
>a sword.  Problem is that it's for web graphics, and the background has to
>be black to match the site.  A Ruby rendered against a black backdrop
simply
>doesn't show up.  (It does, but it's virtually impossible to see.)  What
I'm
>trying to do to correct that is put a point light in the center of the
ruby,
>and give it a magical radiate/glow from within kind of thing.  No matter
>what I've tried with media, I haven't been able to get the light to
radiate.

Put a small sphere White, ambient 1 in the centre of the ruby. No need
for media, just make the ruby's filter value about 0.4.

Gail
p..s Excalibur pic on my web site has exactly this done.
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features