POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Problems with Interior/Media : Problems with Interior/Media Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with Interior/Media
From: ZuluNiner
Date: 8 May 1999 15:00:14
Message: <37347bae.0@news.povray.org>
Well, the subject says it all.  I'm having a hard time with the interiors of
textures.  I've tried virtually every combination, and I can't seem to get
the interior settings to make ANY changes to the object in question at all.
Does anyone know a site on the web where I can get in-depth info, scene
files, or even tutorials specifically oriented towards the interior of a
texture??

Specifically, my current project is a ruby.  A ruby mounted in the pommel of
a sword.  Problem is that it's for web graphics, and the background has to
be black to match the site.  A Ruby rendered against a black backdrop simply
doesn't show up.  (It does, but it's virtually impossible to see.)  What I'm
trying to do to correct that is put a point light in the center of the ruby,
and give it a magical radiate/glow from within kind of thing.  No matter
what I've tried with media, I haven't been able to get the light to radiate.

Any suggestions/tips/sites?????

Thanks

--
ZuluNiner