POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A Simple Lamp Shade ? : Re: A Simple Lamp Shade ? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Simple Lamp Shade ?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 6 May 1999 10:08:35
Message: <37319453.0@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 May 1999 17:32:16 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>  Even this is not exactly what I am looking for. The pattern in the image
>you attached is only using a half wave from what I can see and I want
>a full sine wave pattern.
>
>Yours looks like this:

[pictures clipped]

>Picture to yourself both of the above samples with nice smooth curves that
>striaght lines simply do not do justice to.

Ken, was there something in my include file that didn't work for you?  It
should have generated something very like what you're looking for, with
the added benefit of double illumination.  If you can't figure it out, just
tell me the dimensions you're looking for and I'll make the necessary
modifications for you.