POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : REQ: reorienting a vector : Re: reorienting a vector Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reorienting a vector
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 25 Apr 1999 09:32:11
Message: <37230b4b.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks. You understood correctly a somewhat incomplete explanation. What I
really needed was to rotate vector A by the same amount that base vector B
differs from new vector C (hope this makes sense). Ron seems to have divined
my purpose, so I have the answer.

BTW, you could've written

vlength(A)*vnormalize(B)

Trust me, I woud have understood :)