POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help needed please. : Math help needed please. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Math help needed please.
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 18 Apr 1999 18:41:58
Message: <371a51a6.0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Starting with the following code:

sphere {
    <0,0,0>,1
    scale <0.25,1,0.25>
    translate <-0.5,0,0>
    texture { MyTexture }
}

plane

    y, -1
    texture { MyTexture }
}

I wish to rotate the sphere clockwise on the z axis by 180 degrees, at the same time
translating it along the x axis by 1 unit, so that it ends up at <0.5,0,0>.
The question is, how do I mathematically model the vertical motion so that the shape
appears to be rolling along the plane?NOTE: I may wish to alter the scale of the shape
*during* the anim, so this must be taken into account in the equation.

Any help appreciated.

--
Andy