POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help needed please. : Re: Math help needed please. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math help needed please.
From: Josh English
Date: 21 Apr 1999 13:15:57
Message: <371DF98C.F2D77DC2@spiritone.com>
this seems more complicated to me, but I never studied optics, I just tutor high
school algebra and
geometry. I suppose if you could find the proper intersection of plane and cone and
find a way to
rotate it appropriately, it would work. I'm still stuck on finding a tangent to the
ellipse at any
given point on the edge of the ellipse.
I also haven't heard from Andrew in this thread, so I wonder if he has a solution or
not

Josh English