POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Infinite Cube : Infinite Cube Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Infinite Cube
From: Lewis
Date: 19 Apr 1999 09:55:13
Message: <371B2833.76B4B224@netvision.net.il>
I'm trying to make a macro that outputs an infinite surface area cube.
This cube is really your usual cube, with so many pieces cut out of it
so that it is almost infinite in surface area, but has the same volume
as the original.

The idea is to create a basic box, and then difference out, say, 3
quarters of it, but not really three quarters, because each quarter is
scaled down to leave a bit of the original box as a frame. Then the
macro passes itself the coordinates of the last quarter, and thus runs
recursively. The result should be very complex and defined by a number
given to the macro when it is first called. Each time the macro
recurses, it decreases this number and calls itself again, until this
number reaches zero.

Any ideas how to do this? I tried, but couldn't figure out a way to
define the coordinates of the three quarters so that I can difference
them out and to pass the last quarter.

I guess nobody will understand any of this but hey, I gotta try...