POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help needed please. : Re: Math help needed please. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math help needed please.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Apr 1999 02:19:07
Message: <371ABCA7.E7C945DC@aol.com>
I can dream, yes :)
About the question at hand, I tried several potential ways via the sin
and pi and exp, etc. and failed to get the right answer. Math is not my
major good point, if I even have one at all.
Thing is this sounded simple enough. Scaling to meet the floor plane is
all while moving in a semi-circle, should just be a half sinusoidal
scale in the y.
I noticed Ken said:
----snipsity----
  #declare Diam = 1;

 sphere {0, Diam
         scale clock*0.5
         rotate clock*180*z
         translate < -0.5*clock, -Diam*0.5/2*clock, 0 >
         texture { MyTexture }
       }

  I think !
----snipperoonie---

'scale clock*0.5' is a wrong move. That will start as scale 1 then jump
back down to near nothing as it then climbs back up again. You'll
realize soon enough I'm sure.
And I realize I will always have something to learn. Thanks for the
little push Ron, I need that every so often.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe