POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Math help needed please. : Re: Math help needed please. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math help needed please.
From: Ken
Date: 18 Apr 1999 23:11:11
Message: <371A8F60.26C98EED@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> Another good point, but wouldn't it be better to calculate the diameter formula
> outside the sphere?
>
> That way, you only need to do one change instead of two(I'm talking about the
> Diam*0.5 .... lines..)
>
> --
> //Spider

You need to remember that scaling in an animation is time dependant and by
using the clock the object will appear to gradualy deminish in size instead
of being seen as an instant change. The translate and the rotate need to be
tied together with a circumference operation to account for the fact
it is rolling as opposed to sitting and spinning but moving too. It's covered
in the docs like I said before. Good example that one.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net