POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Q: Advanced : Re: Advanced Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advanced
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 Apr 1999 10:20:42
Message: <3719dc2a.0@news.povray.org>
Well, it's the only argument I have. I suspect #macro is somewhat slower
than #declare. But since this is an issue in only some extreme cases, it
probably boils down to a matter of taste. Both give the same result with
roughly the same amount of typing, plus #macro has some added flexibility.
Perhaps the author made test renders with pigment instead of media. But this
is just unfounded speculation.

Margus