POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : On Bezier splines : On Bezier splines Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  On Bezier splines
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Apr 2000 20:06:49
Message: <27ccgsoh995bp5kkjdis349tgpdkuc9a2n@4ax.com>
A problem arised which requires approximating a Bezier spline with
linear segments and circle (not ellipse!) arcs. The controlling
parameters would be maximum number of elements (I know I can
approximate it with a gazillion segments but I don't want to :) ),
maximum cusp angle and maximum distance between real and interpolated
curves. Any math, ideas, headers or urls? Thanks in advance.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet