POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : povray for LINUX : Re: povray for LINUX Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray for LINUX
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Jan 2001 05:03:13
Message: <1pga6tcfjbbligfbbhuhackkc17kc3badh@4ax.com>
On 16 Jan 2001 12:03:27 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  Perhaps, but it would be a good idea to send a SIGINT to povray instead
>of SIGKILL (I think that's the default?), ie. "kill -s INT".
>  Povray caches SIGINT and saves the currently calculated image (which may
>be in a buffer) before terminating.
>  (Well, actually I don't know if it also caches other signals...)

You'll probably feel more sare if you alias kill and killall with kill
-s INT and killall -s INT anyway. And yeah, you have to specify a
SIGKILL as it's not the default (at least on Linux, have to check the
BSD branch).

I might be interested in your script when it's ready (esp. the part
which checks if povray is running). This box now dual boots to Win98
and Slackware 7.1 (mostly because I now have a DVD-ROM drive and
watching DVD movies under Windows proved to be a pain)

Anyway, go-go Warp! :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg