POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Saving an object? : Re: Saving an object? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving an object?
From: ABX
Date: 7 Apr 2003 10:49:31
Message: <1m339vs90olfojbaueda0sol14kc4quh0o@4ax.com>
On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:43:31 -0400, Tyler Eaves <tyl### [at] hotpopcom> wrote:
> What I was really hoping for was some sort of binary save,
> ala photons.

AFAIK photons related files are not binary. They are probably fully portable
ascii files. Supported portable format for exchenging objects are ascii files
with scripts written in SDL.

> But that'll help, since my code is VERY loop intensive.
> Speaking of that, is there any real speed hit for unioning a number of
> objcets together, as opposed to not unioning?

As usually depends it depends on situation. Hard to say without knowing objects,
environment, complexity of scene.

ABX