POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Mathematically stuck with Lego... : Re: Mathematically stuck with Lego... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mathematically stuck with Lego...
From: Anton Raves
Date: 18 Apr 2001 02:51:39
Message: <180420010854513404%a.raves@direct.a2000.nl>
In article <3ADBCA0D.20D15362@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Anton Raves wrote:
>
> > Yes, I am mathematically stuck with Lego's... I am trying to model a
> > Lego(TM) piece in POV-Ray, a half sphere full with hexagon shaped
> > cutting objects. I have to stick to CSG, for the piece may be used
> > transparently also and then a mesh won't work. Below you will find the
> > code that I have come up with so far, the cutting shape (made yellow
> > for clarifying purposes) that I want is in it. I hope someone who's
> > better at math than I am can help me get this piece correctly modelled.
>
> I believe I know what piece you are talking about, my brother has it in
> some sort of lunar rover thing?...
>
> Sorry, but I don't have one on hand... not by chance any pics of one on
> your hard drive?...

Hi David,

I thought it would be quicker if I could find an URL in which they show
one, the following address below shows a transparent green one at the
rear of that model.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/2964/2964-15.html

This because I don't own a scanner at the moment :-)

Any help is appreciated highly, in advance!
  Anton