POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface vegetation... : Re: Isosurface vegetation... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface vegetation...
From: Elijah Sarver
Date: 12 Aug 2002 21:49:30
Message: <120820022149310563%spam-lowmagnet@is-speakeasy.bad-net>
In article <3d52fdea@news.povray.org>, Pandora
<pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:

>     2. I'm rubbish at math. Actually not rubbish, but I'm probably gonna
> find coming up with suitable isosurfaces a headache, at best.

I feel your pain. I spent the entire day messing around with an
isosurface brick with vertical ridges and some noise to make it
clay-like.

I've realised a few things whilst working through things:

1) everything you know is wrong.
2) experimentation is as good as knowing math ;)

My method is a bit sloppy, and the rendering is slow, but it's a great
brick. I even made an unevenly-troweled wall out of them. they look so
real.

keep on plugging, don't give up ;)